Safety Measures + Registration Information
Upon consultation with industry + health experts, along with continued monitoring of community conditions, safety directives, venue guidelines and partner/customer feedback – we feel confident in hosting a safe and effective hybrid conference that will meet the interests and comfort levels of all.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep our limited in-person attendees SAFE:
- In-person attendance will be at 50% capacity for 2021, half our normal attendance in Exhibit Hall C. Note: This means our in-person tickets are limited and will be first-come, first-served until we hit our cap.
- Tables will be set 5 people per table (versus the normal 10) for social distancing while seated. In addition, tables will be greater spaced apart to 6 feet per table. Note: Since our company blocks are sold at a capacity of 10, you will instead have two marked tables next to each other for your 10 attendees to sit across, 5 and 5.
- Masks will be strongly encouraged. This will continue to be evaluated as we near the event date.
- Food and beverage service will be revised to new health and safety protocols.
- All sessions will be held on the main level exhibit halls of the CHI Health Center, to limit mass movement throughout the convention center.
- We will follow our partner planit inc.’s “meet well. meet safe.” initiative protocols, as well as all CDC and Douglas County health directives.
Here’s what you need to know for REGISTRATION:
- Registrants will select in-person or virtual attendance at the time of registration within the individual / small business individual paths and when purchasing a company block. Those who registered prior to our May 19 format announcement have been contacted directly to make their attendance designation. All registrations will default to virtual unless you designate to in-person.
- For flexibility, all registrants will have until June 30 to make a change to your selected attendance preference, should you desire to switch from virtual to in-person or vice-versa. We know you may need some time to decide! However, with our limited in-person 50% capacity, there is a chance the in-person seat availability may fill up prior to that date so we encourage all interested in attending in-person to consider placing their reservation sooner rather than later. Virtual capacity is unlimited.
- *IMPORTANT NOTE on Company Blocks: For flexibility, companies with multiple blocks are welcome to create your own blend within registration – if you’d like some blocks of 10 to be designated as in-person and the others as virtual. Each unique block of 10 will need to be all virtual or all in-person for planning purposes and ease of coordination for block purchasers.
- All in-person attendees will be asked to digitally sign and acknowledge the following waiver at the time of registration:
I voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the 2021 ICAN Women’s Leadership Conference. I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Institute for Career Advancement Needs Inc., the event sponsors, the CHI Health Center/MECA, the City of Omaha, planit inc., Markey’s Rental & Staging, and their respective employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), of and from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to any COVID-19 exposure or infection due to my attendance at the 2021 ICAN Women’s Leadership Conference. I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Released Parties.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com or on our conference hotline number 833.587.7471.